Thursday, September 18, 2014

my creative space.

this week, i've been working on a pair of legwarmers for myself, to wear to ballet classes. because, why not?



i'm knitting them up in a k2p2 rib pattern, to give them the necessary stretch to fit over my full calf, while still fitting my ankle. oh and to keep them up while i'm getting my dance on!
and the lovely tweedy wool is one that i picked up from the back room of bendigo woollen mills earlier in the year.



they're aaaaaalmost long enough to start the heel shaping. or lack of heel shaping... i still need to work out exactly what i'm doing in the foot section, but i'm imagining it will take a bit of ripping back and re-knitting to get it right ha ha!
i'm hoping to knock these guys out over my weekend away because i really want to get to wearing them, but i also really want to get started on my other plans!

what are you creating this week? have you ever made legwarmers? or worn them?

No comments: