Friday, May 10, 2013

my creative space.

today in my creative space, i'm sorting my beanies out to send away to the alice springs beanie festival



while i'm sorting and counting and tagging and then probably knitting a couple more...
i'm thinking about the way i feel about making these beanies...
i'm feeling like these aren't really my thing anymore... while they're fun and a little therapeutic to make, i feel like i'd get more enjoyment out of making something i can use or wear, or gift to someone so they could use or wear it.
even though i'm sure the people that purchase them at festivals, do wear them, the enjoyment i get out of them just isn't the same...
so, on that note, this will be the last year i send beanies away to the festival i think.

onwards and upwards!

what are you up to in your creative space? are you joining in with kootoyoo and her my creative space fun?

1 comment:

Susan J Barker said...

I too have a stack of 'toques' as we call them in Canada, and I donate the ones I am able to produce to a homeless shelter in my city just before christmas each year... My neighbour does the same, although she makes twice as many as I do! The stack of toques are always welcome and the fun thing about it is when we see people about town wearing toques, we try to remember if it was one that we made! And that is always a good feeling.